View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 06:38 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
HumbleBee

Originally Posted by Ann
There needs to be a meeting of the minds before he buys anything here
You could always get a his and hers...with plenty of room for all of us, Oz!

I went bed hopping, er, I mean, shopping today.

Actually it was bed hopping since I hopped from one to another to another checking out the different styles, thickness, pillow-tops, etc.

There was one mattress called The Granite Top. Who in their right mind names a mattress after granite and expects anyone to immediately think comfort??!

Granted, where I live is known as the "The Granite State" but that's not sweetening the pot. When I hear Granite Top, I picture myself sleeping on a slab of cold, flat, hard rock - period.

I got drastically different stories about the Evolution of Mattresses from three different salesmen.

It was kinda fun actually - I didn't let on that I had visited each one before the other so hearing their Once Upon A Mattress tales was quite entertaining.

All three stores were having a major sale...and as luck would have it, the sale applied to only the beds that I preferred! What a coincidence!

Phil, Bob and Dick are all looking forward to me going back this week to put a deposit down before that special sale is over.

I told them I had to sleep on it. Unfortunately, that means sleeping on the mattress from hell tonight and being hobbled in the morning.

Sigh.