View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 04:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
franklymydear
Freethinker

Well folks, Christmas came early this year...

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, we had to switch my friends birthday celebration from Saturday to last night... coincidentally two weeks to the day of the last night that I drank.

So... as we all started drinking, I noticed that I wasn't really feeling the pleasant effects of the alcohol, not to mention the taste of the drink. As time went on, I still wasn't feeling the pleasant effects, but was increasingly feeling the toxic effects. It was like, what I must imagine, taking that pill which kills the alcoholic buzz.

The reasons for this, I am not sure. It's like my body wasn't processing the alcohol "properly"... I was feeling like I was having the "Asian flush", like my body was leaving the more toxic compounds intact. Also, I don't know if this has to do with my mostly carb free diet the past two weeks. I wouldn't be surprised, due to the association of carbohydrates and alcohol, and the fact that my body is now using fat (dietary and bodily) as it's main fuel source. Gluconeogenesis is the process by which fat is converted into glucose, the bodies/brains main source of fuel... gluconeogenesis is a process primarily performed in.................. THE LIVER! Considering I've been getting 1000-1500 calories a day NOT from my diet (ie: my fat stores), my liver is probably working big time to convert all that fat into fuel.

At any rate, I really didn't enjoy it, ended up having a small carbo binge and came home and went to bed. Despite not getting right trashed, I still felt hungover.

At least for today and tonight, I have absolutely no desire to drink. Just thinking about the taste of the alcohol is making me feel sick (and I'm not feeling hungover anymore besides feeling a bit tired).

I also realized that I like going to bed sober, reading, etc.

On the plus side, I lost another pound and a half, bringing the 2 week total to 12 pounds. Of course, some of that is undoubtedly just dehydration, haha.

I'll get back to the rest of your comments later, thanks!!!