Thread: Don't Get It
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 04:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
kv816
Only stepping forward

My xabf had four DUI's. Court ordered rehab twice. Court ordered AA meetings. It took me leaving, destroying my life and the lives of my kids, for any of it to sink in for him. Otherwise, it was just anger he felt at the court system for it. I often wished they had court ordered him to take medicine that'd make him deathly ill if he drank beer while on the meds.

Every month they DRUG test him (even though they are fully aware he's there for alcohol, not drugs). He hands them his AA sheet, signed by his left hand, his right hand of the hand of a sibling that says yes, he went to this meeting on this day. He never actually went to one, and never got "called" on it. I wonder why it didn't strike as odd that he had 30+ signatures all in the same pen with the same curves, crosses and dots.

I wish police systems were more advanced then they are. 3 or 4 DUI's is a felony case....IF they are within a certain time frame. All of xabf's were within that 10 year time frame. Unfortunately, they were in different counties so one didn't know about the other. So it was always a city or town issue, not a felony case.

Was the same for the guy last year convicted of vehicular manslaughter after ramming a woman into a building. Had just been released from court ordered rehab a week earlier. I believe it was his 12th DUI.