View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jay1986

Getting off Opiates

Today is yet again the day I decided to quit opiates, I have been abuseing oxycodone for a little over a year now. I never shot the stuff...snorted it a few times drunk n dumb (very rare though) mainly just popped it. I never let the dose get to out of control average about 30-40mg a day.

What caused me to relapse after them 9 days was the fact that I was getting my tonsills out knowing I would be on liquid Perc for 2 weeks I had no motivation to stay clean...Well the surgery went well I was on about 40-60 mg of percoset per day for 10 days and took some vicodin for a few days to step down before my quit day which is today.

9 days was the best I ever did I had many 2-3 day failure attemps. This time I have to quit. I have no choice. I have a child on the way found this out right before surgery. Little about me I am 23/m been using drugs on and off since age 15. Did good for a while got a college degree good job. Past year sh*** gone down the drain. Almost died in january from my heart muscel becoming inflammed (myocarditis) all started with a tonsill infection and 104 fever so relive to have them cut out.

Any advice from other opiate addicts will help me and be appreciated.