Old 05-10-2010, 06:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
MarkedMan2010

Originally Posted by Kmber2010 View Post
Proud of you Dream and your commitment. Take it one day at a time and post often....that so helped me those first days and well I continuously still post....I don't forget what helped me walk the line and I know now that every day is journey.

Mark - Glad to see you are reading and thinking about quitting. It can be done my friend and there really is no perfect time when you are done with living that life. Toss it and go for it. Keep in mind to update your Dr. since withdrawals vary from person to person.

I'm loving everyone choosing sobriety.
Kmber2010,
I made my first post and received a bunch of encouragement. Thank you. I broke my back 5 years ago, that's when I got on the pain pills. They do me more harm than good now. You're right about the withdrawals. I have tried to quit cold and it made me really sick... Like I had the Flu. I'm afraid to tell my doc that I'm an alcoholic too because he might just cut me off due to some liability issue. I think that I can cut the pain meds down because alcohol is my drug of choice. Thank you for your comments... I am so tired of living this way.