View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 09:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dream2bClean
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

THat stinks b/c we cant give medical advice, wouldnt want to anyway b/c i am not qualified but I feel bad b/c mormally we would (or the majority i believe) would refer you to a Dr but thats the issue who you have issues with, and thats a tough one. I am only sober from (shooting) Oc's and Roxies, (well 5 days of that) and 1 day of alcohol, and klonapin and soma etc etc but this is about you I am only letting you know that IT CAN BE DONE. You can do it too. you can read my posts about how I did it and a tremendouns other posts here about how people do it FOR REAL and you can too.
You already know its going to be hell on of off meds (I cant speak of any in patient detox or rehab as that wasnt an option for me w/ no insurance) but I did it and you can too.
Even before you are addicted for sure and just want to get off them you can get help from NA or AA (you could even just call the help lines in your area) and they can point you in the right direction as they know where you live and other Drs around there and get advice from other SOBER people that have lived through it by reputable Dr's in your area, its just like when unfortuantely some of us had to shop around to Dr;s Pain management specificially for legitimate surgeries (for me spinal fusion so its a ticket to anything I want but I dont want anything anymore) but I had to shop pain mgt. drs and talk to other junkies to get "good"recommends of high prescribing Dr that would prescribe anything I wanted for $ which i t sounds like yours wants "keep coming back" so the only adive I can give is to do the same thing but with sober people, talk to them and get recommendations for ethical, Dr;s in your area that will get you off this madness and THEN 9which is what I am going throguh and waiting to see) which is find out where my pain level REALLY is (after my surgery) after I am off the pain meds. I really dont think it wil be as bad as it I think it is or when I was coming off them even. Then I am praying that strengthing my core, abdominals will give my back the support to not "go out" again but I also have degenerative disk diseae and am only 33 and needed that major surgery which I pray you never have to go through but for me it was necessary, you will find the right Dr b/c you are dealing with a Dr that is not the norm anymore, I am sure if you even told other primary care (not pain management Dr.) what you are on he will be astounded and help you get off.
Try that and keep us posted hang around here, its the best place ever, even to help with depression and pain support!
I wish you the best of luck! <3 Dreams