View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trundgirl

Question Looking for info

Hi there! I have had numerous medical issues for years now. My mom and bio father are both alcoholics and mom is a secret pill taker.. for the lack of trying to explain it. SO with that I am well aware that I have addiction tendencies. Years ago, just over 20, I was wild and crazy and doing anything I could and drinking. God used being pregnant with my son to put a stop to that in 1989. Since then here and there I have had surgeries and such and after been put on pain meds. I KNOW there is something there because I have always gotten depressed when they came to an end. For a few years now my pain management doc has had me on tramadol due to it being non narcotic. Then I had to switch doctors. This was last October. He wouldn't listen to me telling him I WANTED non narcotics because I was scared and kept 'reassuring' me that they do things a certain way and just to trust him and follow his plan. So, he threw me on Methocarbomal, vicadin and oxy. (excuse my spelling) I have been asking him to help me get off of them but then I ended up throwing my back out again so he upped them. So I have finally had enough. I feel like I want to say, I'm not addicted and never have been but why else would I watch the clock to see when it is time to take my next dose or love that feeling of calmness afterwards. Yes, it helps the pain but ugh, I'm sick of it. I saw a doctor last week that said he would work with me if I got off all meds. So I'm looking for any info on where I can find a doctor in the Cincinnati area who will help me wean off of it somehow. I have tried asking my icky doctor and he says it's not time yet and that I have to follow his plan. I need to do this NOW. I'm scared. I'm on lower dosages and want to be DONE with it all and maybe go a homeopathic or holistic way about this. Anyone know of any doctors around that area? I want to enjoy life and what God has given me and NOT turn into my mother! This is the first time I have EVER written something like this or even talked to someone about it. I just want help or advice. Thank you all so much.