View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 07:23 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
traderjane

A word on wine tastings, etc.

I got an email on Thursday from one of the local wine stores (I had signed up to be on their mailing list about a year ago). They announced they were having an in-store wine tasting event with live music. When I got the email, I was initially wishing I could go, thinking, "Oh, that sounds so great!" But then I remembered something.... I don't like wine tastings. WHY? Because it's just a "tasting." I remember being at wine tasting events in the past. They give you these tiny little plastic cups and pour about a 1/2 inch of wine in them. Then you're stuck going around trying to get more samples. Has anyone else experienced this with wine tastings? So this goes along with the theory "One glass is never enough....."

I'm going to a special yoga event tonight. That's the good news. The bad news is that wine is part of the event, after the yoga part. I went last year and it was really fun. I just read the description of the event on the website. They called it a "splash of wine." After reading that, I knew I would be able to go and skip the wine part. Who wants a "splash" of wine? That just doesn't even sound worth it. Clearly these events were designed for non-alcoholics

Anyway, I'm going and I'm going to skip the wine part. If I have to leave the room and go home, I will. I'm not drinking the wine!