View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

I got caught in this kind of situation for years...everytime i meant that i was going to stop drinking and i guess for the first 10 times i had the full support and understanding of my family...maybe about the 20th time they had had enough and didn't believe me and had got fed up....this used to drive me nuts...i didnt ask to be an alcoholic and this time im really done and id drink again?!

That was my experience, this time i just completely backed away from everyone and got on getting sober, i had to stop relying on other people, save my sponsor, for approval and a guage to how well i was living...as has been pointed out a non-alcoholic wont understand what is wrong with you...

It might help to jot down what you are doing different this time to all the other times you tried to stop drinking to re-enforce your conviction or to take further action if necessary...

It's funny cos now i am sober i wouldn't ask the people i relied on for approval before whether my jeans went well with my top lol