View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stayinfree

Big sister put's the pressure on....

Hi everyone. I'm needing to get this off my chest.

Just had a visit from my big sister, who decided to have a moan at me about all my failings as a sister!

She is having a charity dance tomorrow night and when I said I didn't think it was a good idea for me to go, she had a real blast at me. I explained that it wasn't a good idea to surround myself with people drinking so early in my sobriety. She said 'for Gods sake, just cos everyone else is drinking doesn't mean you have to'. She said she was sick and tired of me not joining in with social events because of me stopping drinking, when I always started up again....

She said a lot more too....won't go into it all, but basically I've to sort myself out so that I can join in with all her plans and support her. I pointed out that I did go on her charity dog walk last weekend, when I was feeling ill with withdrawals.....she said 'well you didn't die did you?'

When she left, I was upset and a bit tearful, but the great thing was that my husband told me that he was really impressed with me this time...that he could see I am really doing things differently and whereas before, he knew that I would drink again, he also feels it's different this time.

Anyhow, I am trying to see why she is upset with me and understand that having an alcoholic for a sister must be tough on her......because I haven't been there for her much lately.

Normally this would have had me in a real temper and heading to the shop for some wine....but not this time...no way.

Thanks for listening x