View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 08:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Soph

Day 30 and getting chip tomorrow

Hi Guys

Just wanted to express my gratitude to all recovering and wannabe recovering's. Today is my Day 30. I have been trying since the beginning of the year. Made 27 days, made 18 days, etc. but just was not able to fully commit due to - well - insanity, I assume. Cunning/baffling.

Not only is today day 30, but I have been at a 3-day work conference that was absolutely bathed in drinks. Welcome drinks and lunch wines and cocktail events and meetings in the bar at the hotel. And you know what, it really is true: People really, really push the drinks on you!

And these are people I didn't even know - just business people. Every single time I declined, or ordered club soda instead, I was questioned. Every, single, time. I was asked why I wasn't drinking, if I might join later, if I would join tomorrow, and on and on. It was like I was declining oxygen or something. I thought about it and decided that declining to partake when others are drinking, just flat out makes drinkers wary/nervous - and then I wondered if I had ever been that way too, and I might have been. Not sure but I wouldn't put it past me.

ANYWAY...just wanted to thank you all for being here...I am very excited to go get a chip tomorrow with my sponsor. My first one (never got the 24 hour one.)

Woo hoo!

Soph :-)