View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 11:35 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
HoopNinja

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
This is the crux of the alcoholic/codependent dance. If he were consistently cruel, you would have walked a long time ago. He knows just when to throw you a few crumbs in order to keep you around.
L
My first xAH (I'm a slow learner obviously) called me to tell me they thought he had testicular cancer and they had to do surgery. . .and since the surgery could leave him impotent I had to sign a release form (because at the time we were still married).

It was all a lie. We had split. He knew how much I wanted to have children and it was just another way of trying to hurt me because we had talked about having children. I was not even close to recovery myself and loved him so much--but fortunately had started going to counseling. I told him to send me the papers (later thinking to myself--it would probably be better for the world if his genetic makeup never was passed on ).

Guess what? He never sent me any papers to sign so either he decided not to have the procedure (who would do that if they had cancer) OR his ploy to hurt me yet again had not worked. It is a dance and you can chose to dance without him. You are the one who is important and he has pretty much told you he does not want you around. Maybe spending your time and energy on you would be more helpful to you.