View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 05:40 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
traderjane

Truth be known.... I'm back on Day 2, too. (should have been on Day 4). I had one more try at "moderation." Why I thought I needed another experiment, I don't know. I tried to stick to 2 glasses of wine but ended up having 4. The last several times I have drank I have been unable to moderate. And by moderate I mean 2 drinks. I really never understood the concept of having one drink. What would be the point of that? If you're not even going to get a buzz, might as well have a lemonade or diet coke!

Well, I have proven to myself that I cannot moderate. This is a big step. I always used to think, "I can moderate if only I try a little harder." The point is, after I have 2 drinks my judgment is severely impaired and a third drink doesn't seem like such a bad idea anymore.

I'm convinced that moderation is not going to work for me, which is a huge step. It's a relief in one sense -- I'm done trying to make this work in my life. And scary in another. Not sure how I'm going to cope in every situation without alcohol.

I'm just about to finish my book called Drinking: A Love Story by Caroline Knapp. I'm on the last chapter. So it's kind of fitting that I'm stopping now.

So all of us on Day 2 (or 1, 3, 4 ,5, etc.) let's stick together. Have a great day!!!

Laura