View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tam

fenadyl patch now??

well been 5 months since my AH left..after numerous attempts to help him, myself,family and friends set the boundaries of no contact until he is sober.
he is living with a 26 year old couple (he is 52), they dont have a dime to their name and took him in knowing that he was worth $$ if we divorced..anyway, his pain management dr.finally saw the light (after I wrote letters to him) that indeed my AH has an addiction problem. 2 weeks ago the dr.prescribed the fenadayl patch and only gave him enough oxy's for 10 days.
I did some detective work and having his ins.card info I created his profile on his health plan and logged into it to see his prescriptions so I know he has no more pills. My brother visited him 2 weeks ago to check on his welfare and the couple told my brother that I was evil/violent and that my AH is doing much better now without me..(yeah right he lost his job, his car, and has no money)my brother asked them to shut up and took my AH outside to talk. My husband cried and said he doesnt know what to do anymore he said he doesnt want a divorce and afraid he is going to die. anyway...my AH is also bipolar and the oxy's made him very irritable, angry EXTREMELY MANIC(well you all know the scene) he was still on oxy's at the time of my brothers visit. Im not familiar with the pain patch and am wondering how someones demenor is on the patch verses the pills, can someone explain?? would he still require detox to get off the patch too? I still will not talk to him or consider reconciling until he does in fact go into detox/mentall illness facility as there is alot of damage done here and he mentally needs help but just wondering what Im dealing with here as I know the patch is still an opoid...