View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 09:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kassie2

Yes, since being here at SR I have been more aware of my own knee jerk reactions and how every decision I made was being driven by my reacting.

Often I regretted my decisions and occ not. I have been trying to catch my reactivity and trying something different. I started making decisions based on my awareness level of the physical reaction of my body. I decided that my body won't lie to me. My mind will, my emotions will, but the body can't lie. If I think of one decision and tension comes up - then I know I have to look at the decision. If I feel relaxed, then I know it is good for me. Don't know if this will work for everyone.

This came from a combination of factors, like having migraines, neck and shoulder pain, generalized anxiety or tension. I noticed when we lived together I was always walking on eggshells, being anxious and tense a lot of the time. I would get migraines when we argued. But w/o him around, some of these things continued so I started to pay attention to who I was talking to or what I doing which clued me in on certain behaviors or streams of thought that were not working for me.