View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 07:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Emmy69

Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions. Just reading those gives me strength. A couple observations.

Mark75 you're right. I'm really focusing on how much I enjoy the warm weather, the great golf and relaxing. I'm so lucky to have a past time I really enjoy and this is the highlight of my year. 6 rounds in 4 days at some of the best courses in the country. I'll focus on that.

Also I'm not going into this with the thought of what I'm missing out on. I'm trying to take the approach of an observer. It's not about me. Really take in what's going on around me and see how different it will be from all the other trips. I may be naive to think that I won't have cravings, but right now my biggest concern is not making other folks feel uncomfortable, and being able to have a naturally good time as we always have.

Humble, thanks for the advice. You mentioned my friends mother. Well, he's one of the guys coming on the trip, and I expect we'll have an opportunity to have a couple deep conversations, and I expect he will fully support me.

Thanks again for all your support. And the good news is at night anyways I'll probably be the most popular guy in the group. Finding a sober designated drivers is always a challenge!