View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 07:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
HumbleBee

Hello Emmy,

Congratulations on your sober time.

Isn't it ironic that 60 days sober falls smack in the middle of your upcoming weekend challenge?

Bring any and all tools that you have been given or learned in these 58+ sober days with you. I would not just go back and read your posts from day 1 of posting here on SR, I would recommend printing them off and bringing them with you, including the wonderful replies you gave to other newcomers about how good you feel being sober. Refer to them often.

Of special mention is the post about your friend's mom who you witnessed with alcohol dementia - I'll never forget that and I wasn't even physically there, but knew in my heart that I was only one drink away from being in her place.

Try not to let the past behaviors of the Myrtle Beach (or any other) weekend set the precedent for what should be happening today. Living in recovery is about developing new habits and behaviors not just in our drinking, but in our thinking.

Try not to add to any stress by playing the what if game before you even head off to Myrtle Beach - that's exhausting - bring your tools and use them when necessary.

Finally, having the ability to wake up fresh and raring to go for a full day of golf without feeling green on the green might be motivation to stay sober. There's no rule that says a night-time blast can only be had with alcohol. Best wishes to you.