View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

((Trish)) - I've gotta agree with ((Dee)). If you read your post about when you were leaving the house, you were adamant about how you were going to continue meetings and support groups.

There are ALWAYS going to be PIA's (pain in the azz's) in life, sometimes more than others. Part of recovery is learning to deal with them and continue to get what we need. The fact that you're struggling tells me you still need that extra support.

Yes, you did great at the sober house, but you left early and you just may not be ready to "fly solo" on SR alone yet. I know we, at SR, are awesome and we will always be here for you, but what's stopping you from finding another meeting to go to? Don't tell me they're too far away....I've heard too much about your ventures to get dope.

You ARE a strong woman and I know you have a low tolerance for PIA's, but maybe this is a lesson you are meant to learn. A huge part of our recovery is learning lessons...we get stuff kinda thrown at us and it's like a message "okay, here's what you need to learn how to deal with today". If we DON'T learn how to deal with it, we keep getting the same lesson thrown at us over, and over, and over.

I don't like dealing with obnoxious, gossipy, PIA people either. However, I've learned how to stand my ground, let what they say roll off my back (after I come here and vent) and if i think about getting numb, it lasts for about 1 minute and my mind instantly says "not an option, next" and finds something else to think about.

I'm very glad you came here and talked about it. Just remember, the sober house gave you lots of tools, but it didn't cure you. You're back at home, got a job, back with grams who you love dearly but can get on your nerves, and you're going to have money - same exact situation you were in before you went to sober house. It's up to you to use the tools you learned, and decide if you're going to follow through with what you said you were going to do. Accountability to ourselves IS a part of recovery.

Love, hugs, and prayers!

Amy