Old 04-24-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

You posted this 3 weeks ago:

I am at the end of my rope with my AH. I thought moving away with our son would knock some sense into him. It seems to have done the opposite. He's been drunk every day that he's not working, just a complete wreck. I don't know what's wrong with him. The doctor gave him an anti-depressant and he's been drinking Vodka with it, which has caused all of these hallucinations/paranoia.

It's not even my husband on the phone. I called him earlier and one of his friends picked up the phone and said he came to get my AH out of the house so that they can go to a party. It must be SO nice to be going to a party on Saturday night. That used to be me...a few years ago, living in SF, I was much thinner then, I had friends, I had a job I loved. On a night like this I'd be out having fun. Do you know how long it's been since I really relaxed and had fun? I don't think I've ever gone to a party/bar with my husband and not felt sick with worry the entire time.

Here I am on Saturday night tucked into bed with our 2-year-old watching Sprout while his daddy is out at a party. How did my life come to this? I am sick of it. He keeps saying he wants to get a place down here to visit us on the weekends and work on being a family. But I just can't live with him. I look at my little boy and I think of how great it is when his daddy is sober and they spend time together. And how I wish I could give him a 2-parent home like I intended. I feel like I failed him big time when I married someone knowing they had alcohol issues. If I had only known it could get this bad. He's drunk every day for the past 2 weeks...Vodka at 11AM. Maybe my leaving him didn't help him but it's what I had to do. Now maybe he'll never get treatment.

Then later that same day:

I'm crying a lot tonight! The response I got when I called to check on him was "F*C* OFF!!!!" And it just hit me, I don't want to spend one more day being treated this way. I'm a GOOD mom. I love my son more than anything. And I've always loved, supported, taken care of my husband. But if he think's I'm going to remain the punching bag, he's wrong. How can he respect someone who takes that crap from him?

My sis and I went and planted trees last Saturday with a Voulunteer organization. It felt wonderful. Time to work on me, and having fun with the little guy, giving him the best that I can. I'm done worrying about someone who actually just threatened to divorce me because I called the police to check on him during one of his drinking sessions.

I agree with the other posters. Let him handle his financial and legal affairs all by his big, grown-up self. Time to stop taking care of your husband.