View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 10:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

Welcome to SR!! Have you sought any recovery program? You can quit drinking but you must have support. I am the same age as you and even though I have cut way down in the past few years, I noticed it was hitting my body harder and harder.

I have had moments each day of sobriety where something goes bad and I think that same thought of oh why not. That isn't how you really feel every minute of the day since you want to be the best you can and take care of your boys who need you. I am also glad to see that your husband is also seeking sobriety.

I did not feel great after stopping that I will tell you. I wish it did but it was a week of hellish panic attacks before I quit and then my shakes, hallucinations, continued panic attacks, convulsions and vomiting for 8 hours straight and even through my nose. My face was peeled and red blotches everywhere....oh yeah my detox was a doozy. Once I got through that first day I still had and still do have some anxiety but with each day I had a little more "good" moments. The ones where you can see clearly and actually move and start looking at the positives because you are still here. So with that being said I feel great compared to where I was Day 1.

Remain positive and focus on the good in your life. There is so much out there and you will be at your best living a sober life.

Stay strong tonight....you can do this!!