View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Perfect Equilibrium...

This is what I love about my recovery. I love it when I am in that perfect equilibrium.

I literally cannot describe to anyone in any detail what I actual feel but I guess it's a case of what I also am not feeling. It is that beautiful sweet spot where I know that my recovery is working, and working well.

There is a wonderful calm about my mood and I can talk openly about my past without any regret or yearning for anything that I didn't achieve/do. I can look forward optimistically to the future but I'm just content living in the moment and waiting peacefully for whatever may be around the corner.

There is absolutely no feeling towards alcohol, other than a healthy respect, for I have total acceptance of my condition and I'm grateful for all of the times that I had with my chemical friends. They have taught me much about myself and now I can teach others too. My life has literally been given a rebirth. Without my alcoholism and drug addiction then I would have literally have been living in a parallel universe. The path I am now taking would have never have happened.

I love the fact that I am able to pinpoint certain things that will knock me off my equilibrium and to be able to learn from them and work my way back to that perfect balance. This can only happen over time as the clarity and strength can only be gained from experiencing all of the crap. Only by experiencing the pain and the crap can you appreciate the other end of the spectrum.

I love the way that when I stop to think about it, I cannot believe how good I actually feel. Unlike drugs and booze it is subtle and is there all of the while, rather than smacking you in the face and being too high, so that normal feels like a crashing low.

I am just grateful for my sobriety and all that I have achieved within it. I am grateful for being able to try to show other young people that there is a way out. It is far more rewarding than the dead-end of active alcoholism and drug addiction.

Thanks SR.

peace