View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 06:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Krys

At war with myself...

So my Boyfriend recently relapsed and has made some great steps towards recovery in the last week and a half. One of those steps was cutting ties to a person he considered a best friend (the rest of the world considers him and addict and drug dealer). He was laid off for a couple of months and injured his back which led to the relapse, and he did it all with this so called friend. He went back to work last week which was a huge relief for both of us and things seemed to be going back to normal...well as normal as they could be after having everything turned upside down for a bit. I get home tonight to find out that his boss got the schedule wrong (he works construction) and they can not start the second phase of the job until mid May. Ouch. Not only does this put the stress back on him (not working was a big contributor to his relapse) but he has decided to work for another company in the mean time to stay busy. This would be a great idea except for the fact that the drug dealer friend also works for the company. Do I just let go and hope he doesn't fall on his face? I am really struggling between wanting to be supportive and wanting to tell him how I feel. I don't know that I can stay sane in this relationship if this guy is going to be a part of our lives. Every time he mentions his name I cringe. I feel like I am going crazy, I want to support him but I am so scared all the time. It's like knowing there is bomb in the house and that at any given moment it could blow everything into bits! Ugh.