View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 07:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
DMKK

Everyone in this thread has given you great advice, tpen.

I remember my first bad breakup, almost 10 years ago (alcohol was not involved, but cheating was), I did like you, though back then it was a lot easier to hide online, not all the social networking. Still, I recall just sending e-mail after e-mail, even handwritten letters, and trying to get contact and interactions. In the end it never left me feeling any better, only worse.

This time, the first thing I realized I had to do was disconnect it all. Facebook, instant message clients, etc. Some people recommend changing e-mail and phone numbers too. I didn't go that far. It sounds like you still have some sort of hope of reconciliation. Not being against it is ok, but carrying hope it will happen will slow recovery. But if you keep your same e-mail and phone number, you can at least know if that if she REALLY wanted to recover and call, she had a line in, just DO NOT WAIT FOR IT TO HAPPEN.

Now that you have stopped checking her online status, it will be easier for you to move on. You have no idea how much better it will make you feel when you have ZERO contact with her all day. It makes such a difference.

Good luck, cheering for you.