View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 07:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
kittykitty

Thank you to everyone for their ideas and support.

I have made a record of the incident. And I can go back and see all the records of phone calls and messages sent to my phone as well, so that's good. I hope it doesn't need to go any further than this.

I guess I'm just so amazed about how bad he got. Weeks ago when I decided to break it off with him, I said "you can come back and see me after you're 6 months sober and working a program. Until then, don't contact me, call me, or come over anymore. Let me have my space, and go take care of yourself." I guess that was just too nice. Who knows what our future would have held if he just did that, respected me and my boundaries. But now we will never know, and I'm sure it happened this way for the better. My sponsor told me that I was probably the first one to ever say "no" to him, like Barb said. He doesn't know what to do when he doesn't get what he wants.

He called my phone about 5 hours after this last incident, and left a message, apologizing for upsetting me, and to let me know that he's decided to give me my space and work on himself, and call me in 6 months. I find it entertaining that he likes to say it as if it is his idea. More Alkie craziness i guess, never admitting defeat.

Proof that even if they aren't drinking, they still have the same demons controlling them. Such a shame really. I've learned so much from him, and I can't even thank him for the life changing and eye opening lessons.