View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 07:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by sunshinebaby View Post
This June we have our usual community raceday where all the girls get dressed up and have lunch and music and fashion parades etc etc It's a whole lot of fun and we had a ball last year. I think we drank from 11am to 8.30pm.

I've decided not to go this year. I am so frustrated because I know all the girls will be drinking and I don't even want to have the complimentary glass of wine because I'll be back to day 1 and I just don't want to start again.

I should just get dressed up and go but I know I will feel like I am boring and missing out on the fun because I won't be drinking. I hate that this is the way it is. I know you can have fun being sober but once you get there and get in the mood......

So I'm not going. What do you think?? I"m also 111 days alcohol free. My husband commented how nice my skin looked yesterday.
I think even a relative newcomer can figure out what are social occasions that involve alcohol, and social occasions that revolve around alcohol.

I still avoid the latter, I'm not attracted to those occasions these days. Nothing for me there.