Thread: Started day 4
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dkayvins125

Started day 4

Do not worry I am not going to post a thread everyday on my recovery. Hopefully with time something more helpful for everyone.
Just thought maybe some new persons to the site might be able to see the agony of what a relapse can do. And maybe some persons with longer sobriety might be able to add something to help me or others.
Yesterday was horrific overwhelming anxiety and guilt. Sweats, shakiness and being very hungry but unable to eat.
I talked to my wife and explained to her what happened prior to me leaving to go up north and what happened on the way up there. Felt some relief after talking to her.
Met with my sponsor for over 2 hours. Felt even better, excellent conversation.
This morning woke up tired and sweaty. Still felt a little anxious and guilt.
I was able to get things done but still a struggle. Forgot to mention being on this site and getting support also helped a LOT.
Still tired. Plan on calling my sponsor prior to me leaving work. Get to a meeting tonight.
I have been doing a lot of writing everyday since I got back from up north. Going to attach them permanently to my head, as a reminder.
The writing in the journal, being on SR, talking to my wife and sponsor have helped greatly.
Praying and asking for guidance/forgiveness and giving thanks is vital for me.
Thanks
Dean