Thread: Class of 2008
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
joinedintime

Class of 2008

Did you join one of the "Class of ..." threads in 2008? Wasn't it good to have a group that had that starting at the same time together thing in common? All of us going through those first weeks at the same time and hitting that rough 90 day mark together etc. Then we'd be missing people that dropped off and happy when they dropped in on us months later. Now that it's been 21 months since the Class of July 2008 started the "Class of...." ball rolling (thanks to Time2Surrender, AKA Mikey, for starting it all) and it's been 16 months since the Class of December 2008 so the max difference of 5 months is not so much now that we've been at this a while.

Let's try taking the concept of the Class of "A Month" to the next level and also have the Class of 2008.

I don't know if any of the 2008 monthly classes are what they used to be and I'm not at all suggesting we dump them. I know I'll always go back to my home in the Class of July 2008, It would be good to have another place to hang out as a bigger group since we're likely having some of the same experiences. I don't know about everyone else, but SR was a bit more fun and more helpful for me when I had a thread that was really active that I could check in on and see what was going on and so forth.

We could also be a help to others that are following close behind us time-wise as well as those that are just now starting. I know if there was a class of 2006 back when I joined in '08, even if I didn't post there I would have at least read what they were saying so I could learn how they made it that far.

Anyway, thought I'd see if there was any interest in seeing what it would be like having a combined '08 group.

Thread hopping is better than bar hopping, especially the next morning.