View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Soleus, I pray he is different from others, but most addicts I know "think" they can drink and find out very quickly they cannot. And most alcoholics I know, at some point think they can smoke pot, and most find out quickly that they cannot.

Now, I say this with love in my heart, but sweetie, whatever he is doing, good or bad should not take up all your life and thoughts. If you read your post again, I think you'll agree...it's ALL about him. What test? He has indicated he will drink and therefore remain as he is.

What about you?

Have you gone to any meetings or begun working on your own recovery?

Have you taken time to decide what is and what is not acceptable in your life and then set boundaries to protect yourself?

Have you thought ahead a year? 2 years? 5 years? and thought about your dreams and where you would like to be at that time? Because, I can tell you the years pass quickly and you could end up like me and look back and see how many years you have wasted.

Like I said, I am saying this as kindly as I can and only because I care enough about you to hope you don't have to go through what I went through.

Hugs