View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HanahGoodness

It's been awhile.....

It's been awhile since I have posted anything here. Our life was moving forward, I thought, in a better pattern. We were talking (somewhat ), he was feeling better about work, life in general, etc. He had stopped going to AA meetings, however. That lead to a bout of drinking again, when we had guests staying with us...my daughter's friends from college were here over spring break. The trust I had started to feel crumbled again. So now, he's going to another type of meeting...came back really jazzed about it. Committed...this time it will work, so on and so forth.

So, when do I stop falling back into the rut of thinking he can change? When do I finally jerk my head out of the sand and stop taking him back? My therapist thinks if I keep my emotional distance, I can survive and know when is the right time to leave him....In the meantime, I am not getting any younger. If someone is out there for me to learn to love and trust right now,or in the future, when will I be able to take the leap? Is there anyone with this same feeling????