Old 04-09-2010, 12:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Lionne
not little, a stranger no more

Sorry that you are having a hard time Paulos. There were moments where I felt like this too- but if it feels like this, that doesn't mean that it's necessarily true. There are only very few things that are completely hopeless.

It takes time to recover, and I remember several episodes where I was thinking:
What if I will never be ok, I'm so damaged by this that I can't imagine how life can be "normal" again.
And maybe these thoughts will arise in the future, I am not saying that I am now immune to this. But what I tried to do is to think differently about it.

And also with time it really got better; even though there are things that I'll never get back. I figured, well, maybe they aren't meant to be gotten back, maybe, recovery sometimes not only to get back what you lost but to build something new that's great.

And Paulos, it's great that you have gone 21 days without alcohol, plus you exercise and try to accept your condition. Don't give up on all this, it will eventually be worth it, even it doesn't feel great now. What's good about the exercising is also that it gives your day some structure. Hang in there, you can do this and you are not "unfixable".
Hope you feel better soon,
S.