View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 08:18 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Linkmeister

Originally Posted by wanting View Post
Sometimes they know just the thing to say to trigger our feelings of not being good enough. Sometimes they choose a story that makes what they did OK, and they roll with it. Especially with alcoholics, guilt is a huge thing. If they can do anything to believe they didn't do anything wrong, they often will.
They always know just the thing to say - something that you have told them that they turn right back on you to make you look like you're the bad person.

My EXABF's favourite thing was to tell me that I need to work on my issues, to control my anger, that he was always the one walking on eggshells around me. You can't argue with twisted logic, especially from a dry drunk.

Either that, or bring up my ex husband - that was when he was really looking to twist the knife in my back. I still keep a voice mail from him from just after I broke things off (I play it in weak moments to remind me why I did what I did) in which he told my that he was surprised that my ex husband didn't take me for more than he did in the divorce, all due to my "bad karma." (??????)

Originally Posted by wanting View Post
We are here for you.
Another big hug coming your way.....