View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Kittyboo

Wow, thanks everyone.

I still have so many thoughts going through my head.
Well, Link, I can say that today it certainly was not an outcome of extending an olive branch, I had tried to do that in the past before too (when he never deserved it) and had been shut out. So I realize this was my way of lashing out.
The things I said were things I had been wanting to say for weeks. Do I feel better having said them? Yes. In a sense I feel I got some of my strength back. He didn't deserve for me to be fighting for our friendship like I had done in the past.... he deserved to hear me say no, you're a liar and you can't twist it around anymore.

Yes, there was certain backlash. I am trying to keep that backlash in perspective and realize he is lashing out because I lashed out first. I can't say that the things he said weren't painful. Would it have been better to not say anything at all? Probably. But it was eating at me none the less.
Of course, I have sat here and thought "maybe I did create a whole fantasy in my head...maybe I am "clearly insane" as he put it, maybe he really didn't do anything wrong...."

And that's his intention with saying what he did. And then I quickly remember the lies that he told which he avoids like the plague in addressing. Instead I was the one who "ruined the friendship". That line still kills me.

Having someone who you genuinely cared about turn around and say to you that the relationship you had with him was clearly a psychotic thing in your mind, never feels good. And to think that is really his reality and how he now views me definitely hurts.

Duped - yes. I'm still always surprised, I don't know why, at how similar they all act. No, that they all say EXACTLY the same things. Especially mine in regards to drinking and he could control it, and AA was full of depressing people and he was nothing like them...and on and on. He always held himself on a higher pedistal than everyone else in that regard, and I had very little understanding about alcoholism, so when I came here and started to learn I was just floored that I had already listened to him say the exact same things that I was reading here.

I think a lot of what I wanted to say to him came from my own issues with co-dependence. I would sacrifice saying a lot of what I wanted to in the past because I never wanted to hurt him. His feelings, his pain...all of it came before me. I guess I wanted to say those things to him that were the the truth, and do so out of standing up for myself. If that makes sense.
Without a doubt simply moving on with my life is the best way to handle things. Don't engage, and just give them to their HP.
I have some sense of relief now, mixed in with a little pain. Some relief though that no matter what he says I said the truth is the truth and there's nothing he can do to change that....even telling me I am clearly insane.