View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How many cell phones does it take?

It's 4 or 5 or 6 cell phones later and my AD is without. I'm not buying her another one.

She's currently living at a board and care facility that houses 9 adults. This is the sort of place where cell phones are easily "lost". Sometimes they fight over the food in thier refrigerator and they're not allowed in the "house fridge".

So, I'm making up catering size containers (aluminum turkey roasting pans) of potatoe salad, macaroni salad, arroz con pollo and cole slaw. I'm also batching up 10 pounds of hamburger into ready to cook meat loaves, and I've made a 9 pound batch of pulled pork. 2 dozen steak and potatoe burritos (made from pot roast style meat), a small batch of chicken enchiladas and a large batch of beef enchiladas.

I bought a bunch of bread, bagels and english muffins at the discount bread store and I'm picking up 7 dozen eggs as soon as I figure out which store has them on sale.

I can afford this because I don't have to buy a new cell phone.

I never hand a person cash to buy food with, but I will happily feed them. I think this is support. Do you think I'm enabling?

CB