View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
WackyJ79

Unhappy

Thank you for your Reply MahiMahi (That and orange ruffey are my fav)...

If I go to the doctor to try to get Suboxone, Im afraid that I'll be red-flagged, and then never be taken seriously if I go to a doc or hospital for pain treatment again. I blew out my knee and had access to opiate based pain meds. That's how this all started. Went from Hydros... to Percocets... Then Methadone.. Then Oxys.... Then Morphines... and finally to the Big H...

I only did H a few times. It was just opiatets in general.. not any certin one that I had a problem with. When I called my local outpatient center, they told me that Opiate withdrawl is not deadly. They told me to take immodium AD and a one a day vitamine. They said if It got too bad to go to the ER.

I'm just afraid of the consequences of going to my doctor for help. He put me on the meds, and I'm still out of work after the knee surgery I had. I don't want him to pretty much blow me off.. because I DO need his treatment.

It's so complicated. I'm sorry to bother everyone with my issues.

The way it was explained to me.. is that because I went 6 days w/o anyting.. that coming off the one pill that I did wouldn't be as bad. The way my "friend" explained it, he said that it's like falling off a MUCH smaller ladder than the one I was on before, when I was shooting up a dozen times a day. He said that coming off the one pill will not be as bad as what I went through.. but I don't know if I should believe him. I wish I could just go back in time and not hae done it.