View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
grrl77

When I was with my ex abf, I remember it being fairly similar. It seemed he thrived on drama, he wanted to be heard, even if half the crap out of his mouth made no sense. One of the last times I saw him in person (we were in a long distance relationship), I was watching Law and Order minding my own business, and up to this point, we'd had a pretty fun trip. I guess he'd decided that we couldn't leave each other having actually gotten along, so he plops his drunk arse next to me, looks at me, I'm watching TV, and says quote, "So how come you felt the need to go downstairs and get a bottle of water when I have perfectly good water up here?" *blinkblink* I said well, I was down there for something, figured hey, I'll grab a bottle of water. I was thirsty. "Well, that's pretty princessy, I mean, do you know how much water it took to make the plastic bottle the water comes in?" blah blah blah.

It was just constant drama. And silly - I guess that's why they say folks that are alcoholics are literally insane. I'm proud of you for getting good at the detachment thing. I never could, he'd always suck me back in, over and over again. *hugs*