Thread: Grrrr.
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 04:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Originally Posted by grrl77 View Post
I gave an entire year of my life to this man. I put up with all the drama, took collateral damage daily, tried to constantly hold us together, when all he did was pick up the bottle. I'm left with all the BS and reality, and he just gets to escape all the time.
I felt the same way for a while after my marriage ended. Except it was 20 years of my life, and I was holding 'us' together including two children. And you know what? He still gets to escape all the time. Right now he's got a gig working in Alaska for 6 weeks at a time with 4 weeks off. He blows into town during his time off, buys things for the kids, takes them places and off he goes again. He's not here for the 24/7 trials and tribulations, making ends meet, food on the table, paying the bills, shuffling kids to and from tennis, track, art exhibits, filling out financial aid applications for college, meeting with school counselors.......I could go on and on.

The point here is I chose to spend all those years like I did, and I am choosing what I do now. It's not something he did to me. His life, his choices. My life, my choices.

You can choose to give him space in your head for free, or you can ignore him and get on with your life. Your choice.

L