Thread: Most people?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 12:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Most people?

Most people don't see a box of 20 beers and think about drinking them in one go.

Most people don't drink as soon as they open their eyes in the morning.

Most people don't think of drinking all alone and not wanting to be anywhere else in the world or doing anything else in the world at that particular moment.

Most people would stop drinking when they began to lose control and not speed up.

Most people wouldn't love drinking so much that life seems utterly crap when the drink is wearing off.

Most people don't view a chemical substance like an old friend/enemy.

Most people feel repulsed by alcohol when they are hungover and don't crave it so badly.

Most people's lives wouldn't be destroyed by drinking a pint of beer with their Dad.

Most people don't have to think about living so much. They just live.

Most people aren't alcoholics.

I sometimes can wish that I had been born with a different head and wonder if what I'm doing is the right thing to do. I know it is but it is so hard at times and I can wonder what everything is for. Why was I so unfortunate to have this prison of a mind. Seemingly everything but at the same time like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

But today I stayed sober and did what I had to do and for that I guess I will be grateful for in the future. Right now I am just letting it all pass as I know I have to. Nobody said it would be easy but the alternative is bleak also.

Are most people so sorted and contented and secure in their minds or is it just all in my head?

Just getting it out there.

Peace