Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 10:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
freefalling

Question

I have a question. I know the answer is not going to change anything for me and how I am going to live my life. I still would love to know what you guys have to say.Is it true that some people cannot stop their addictive behaviour ? My STBXAH gets the following question from his family now that I am not there for him anymore. "Can you not stop or do you not want to stop?" Is there even such a question

He came home from rehab(no14) 3 days ago. Have not seen him yet. He again goes around and tells people that I do not allow him to visit. My rule is that he is not allowed to visit when he has been drinking. So what is new? I got the slurry (little boy voice)voicemail that he has no hope ,cannot see me and kids because the pain in our eyes is too much for him to handle,that he loves me and wants me back,that he cannot cope alone...I still had a little bit of hope for him.He is 47 years old. This is so sad.

If you are young and not sure if you must continue - think about YOUR life carefully. My caretaking ,enabling, love and trust came to nothing for me, him and our 3 children I am left alone with no career and his business on the verge of going under.

If you want to stay , work on yourself and plan a career of your own.

Thanks for listening.