View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 10:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
krissypissy
mi vida loca

welcome to SR-i also want to thank you for your service--i dont want to say our situations our the same but in a way they are....i had an accident/injury in 2006 and my life has never been the same...$hit painkillers to me were totally foreign before my injury and 6 surgeries following....you CAN do this...as windy said stay well watered up, dehydration is the big issue in MY opinion...recovery is what i am trying to find...being clean is one thing, but recovery is another. there are things you AND i will have to find to deal with our ongoing and chronic pain that are non-narcotic---i truly wish you all the best...these people here are awesome...SR has been a lifesaver....even just reading other peoples posts have saved me a many a time. i am almost 6 months clean on the 8th of this month and my pain has gotten better as windy mentioned...there is something that pain meds mind f*ck you into thinking or doing that pain gets worse and the cycle just continues rapidly...i was on 600mg of roxicodone a day and i just got off one day ....just tired of being sick and tired...worried i wouldnt wake up one day and leave behind my girls...my family-despite how much pain i was in/am in...i dont want that for my family or myself...God bless you--you take care of yourself...keep on posting and you WILL make it...if you can do what you did with you service for this country you sure as $hit can do this buddy--blessings, krissy