Thread: 3 days sober
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 09:00 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
foxy0116

Originally Posted by FrankBarone View Post
This has actually been the easy bit in the past for me, believe it or not. It's a week or two down the line when you feel 'good' and you think that you could maybe 'go for a couple of pints' or if a party comes up or even going to a football match that I find I always fall down and invariably 'a couple of pints' ends up multiple day bender that ends in myself being in tears and feeling alienated and depressed.

Agree with you about this place, though. I'm very glad I found it.
I really dont have enough experience in quitting and being sober so I dont know what it will be like in 2 weeks, or even if I will make 2 weeks!! Im feeding myself to the Lions tonight by meeting some friends at the pub. I just hope my willpower is enough to overcome the temptation. People say that an alcoholic should never visit a bar/pub but all of my friends are there tonight. So I have 2 choices, 1. Stay home thinking about all my friends getting drunk or 2. Join them but only drink diet coke. I have chosen 2 as I know too well what I am like on my own. Thats my drinking time usually!!!