Old 03-31-2010, 06:57 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Cornczech

Originally Posted by Toronto68 View Post
Corn, you might have missed that I wasn't asking whether it was AA or even what kind of meeting it was; just what you liked about it, what made you chose it. I don't blame you if you have not gone yet. I suppose I would get exasperated if you took 10 weeks instead of 1, but it's not really my job to blame you then either. Up to you whether you want it or not.

I missed the part about what the doctor said (ie, did he expect you to stay on alcohol bu decrease it as opposed to stopping cold turkey for some specific reason). But you don't have to answer that.
I only learned of that particular meeting last Friday....and they only meet on Thursdays..this SOS...or some other non-AA meeting, (since my seizures, I cannot remember things too well). So I have not been to a meeting of ANY kind since January of 2009.

As for my GP's opinion? He gave me nothing other than a 10 day supply of baclofen...and advice to see my neurologist, (whose first appointment is in May....)
(I now have tingling and numbness in the fingers and foot of the left side of my body...)
and he told me NOT to stop drinking suddenly, (because I have had seizures),

I am confused and would use ANYTHING as an excuse to keep numbing myself...YAY!

Sometimes I feel as if this is just too much, but then...I am a chicken...so I simply just suffer...feel bad, use...then suffer....