Old 03-30-2010, 05:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Cornczech

I hear a :LOT about "doing whatever it takes"....but a LOT of it involves becoming something I am not: spiritual. I started having seizures last year about 2 months after rehab...and after a couple of those.....I began to become a complete atheist.....and when one DOESN'T believe in anything other then what I can see, hear, feel, smell....then if it doesn't fit into the senses.....then it was all a mind trick and wishful thinking....so how does one like me gain from AA when everything hinges on "a higher power"? I am NOT knocking what works for others....but here I sit...right now...wanting help, but being stuck in this patten..."you cannot stop alone", "we cannot see you because we don't see addicts", "We don't take insurance", "you MUST go into our rehab to see our psychiatrist"......and I read on this website...and I read, AA this....or AA that...and get told "when you're ready to stop making excuses...." COME ON....I need HELP...in MY world....and if I am doomed with this drug, (alcohol)...with no outside help because I don't fit into some nice, neat package...then I HAVE been right this entire time and nobody cares unless there's a "catch".......nice, hmmmmm?