View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 07:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RacerX

Originally Posted by Charlotte2276 View Post
I made it through. 5-7 is my worst time, well really only time Mon-Fri I drank unless out somewhere. But, I could pack almost a bottle a wine into those 2 hours.

Thanks for the encouragement and the little bit of tough love!
Hi Charlotte,

You are not alone with struggling during this time! My wife and I call this time the "Witching Hour." That time after school and before dinner when the kids (God bless them) just start screaming, fighting, noise...noise...and more noise!

As others have mentioned, I find that if I can get some food in me then this can make a huge difference. I grab some fresh veggies while we're preparing dinnner to help. Once we've actually eaten dinner, then I find my cravings (if I'm having any) are gone. Also, there are always AA meetings at night and, although I'm normally a nooner, I'll hit those once or twice a week to help as well.

My alcoholic brain always wants to remember what the first 1-2 drinks felt like and forget the fact that I never stopped there. I now force myself to remember the guilt, feeling horrible, lost time, etc, etc, that I would experience the next morning due to drinking alcohol. Remember that the cravings do go away and we'll always be grateful for the fact that we didn't drink the night before!

RacerX