Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
unit0028

Hi

Hello all,
After my rough weekend of drinking I realized that I am an alcoholic and its time I get some help. I started looking online and found this site. Both Friday and Saturday night I got very drunk because that is how I deal with things tha are going on in my life. Saturday night was the worst because I was supposed to be fishing a tournament on Sunday. On the walk home from the bar with my buddy I fell a few times and then was stopped by the police to make sure everything was ok. Needless to say, the cop left us and my buddy had to go get some of the other guys to get me back to the hotel room.
I realized yesterday that this has got to stop and it is a point in my life where I do need help. I am 29 yrs old and I have been an alcoholic for 4 yrs now. Not only did I embarass myself, but also the members of the club I belong to. It was very embarassing yesterday sitting with the members of the club and I was reprimanded for the first time since I was a kid. I knew I had a problem and just didnt want to admit it.
I figured I would try this first and see how it goes. I havent drank since Saturday and I do have cravings for it.
I know I need some form of help before I hurt myself or someone else. I hope that if I talk to people in similar situations it will help me get through it. Thanks for reading my post.

Unit0028