View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 08:50 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
RacerX

Originally Posted by Stayinfree View Post
Many thanks to each and every one of you who posted.
I have been looking at the replies over the weekend and they all have something I can take from them.

I went to a different meeting last night to the usual ones I have been going to. I met again the lovely woman I met on my very first meeting, the one who gave me a big cuddle.

I asked her to sponsor me as I could no longer stay stopped on my own. She was a bit taken aback at first, but said she would be honoured to be my sponsor. She texted me after the meeting to thank me for asking her, saying I would be helping her as much as she will be helping me. I feel so happy!

I have to keep in daily contact with her. We have a similar story, so can relate well to each other.

I am going to do this.......I am 2 days sober and this time...I am going to stay sober. With help from my sponsor, my HP, and anything she asks me to do.

Thank you all...sorry for being so pathetic.

Blessings xxx
Hi Stayinfree!

I'm not sure if you realize this, but you've got a lot going for you.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but on the front of my 24 Hour chip reads, "To Thine Own Self Be True".

That's exactly what you did. You came on here and wrote a wonderful post about exactly where you were. I think that has to be the first rung on the ladder out of the abyss - be honest with yourself about WHERE you are and WHAT you are. You did exactly that.

Next, you went to a meeting and you got a sponsor that is of your same 'ilk', for lack of a better word. I'm in that same boat and I can tell you that my sponsor is a true gift from God. To have someone that knows not just what you are but how you think is a wonderful gift (even though you'll think otherwise at times!). You also mentioned that you are in daily contact with her - again, extremely important and so good to read that you are doing this.

Finally and most importantly, IMHO, is relying on your HP. I know that I have to have Him to keep me sober today, and He has yet to let me down as long as I turn it all over on a daily basis.

Please keep your chin up, Stayinfree, and remember that the climb can be hard at times but so worth it. Just remember that the only thing at the other end of the ladder is a hopeless abyss and I think you know how that story would end.

God Bless!!

RacerX