View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 12:46 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Tytan

Mirage: Interesting dilemma, all I can offer is my mom’s story. When I was in middle school she decided to go back to school to become a teacher. While student teaching she became disillusioned by the system, deciding she didn’t want to teach. But she finished her certification and became a private math tutor. A really good math tutor for high school and college, (she was a mathematician before going back to school). Two things really helped her home business. 1) Have her certification automatically vetted her with parents, students and even teachers. 2) While taking her certification classes she met a lot of the teachers from the schools in her county and started developing relationships with them. In just a couple years her business was 100% referral. The point of my story? You might not see the benefit of being part of the system now… but something could pay off in the long run.
Asta: I try not to think about Pakistan either.
Anyway, I’m playing hooky today. My wife woke up in the middle of the night with a fever. So, I stayed home to be her nurse. We’re heading out to the doctor in about an hour. Talk to you guys tomorrow!