View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 09:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
devastated

Hi Wicked:

Yep, the patch worked for me and that was 21 years ago. I was a serious smoker too!! 3 packs a day. I'll bet I lit a cigarette every 15 minutes and smoked it down to the nub! I loved smoking! So, if I could quit anyone could quit!

When I quit, I would put away the money like I was still smoking. With that money I bought on lay-away at a jewerly store, a 14-K gold diamond watch. It is a Concord and costs me $1,400! I still have it and wear it every single day. I love it. It's beautiful, and it doesn't mess up your lungs.

I cannot believe I was hosting and wreaking of cigarettes! Now, all I have to do is pass by someone and I know whether or not they are a smoker.

Well, Impurfect, my grandaughter better thank you for your imput here because now I definitely will lighten up about that little habit! For a while anyway!

She has to call the social worker tomorrow morning, and she just called me crying because she's afraid they are going to take the little girl away since she didn't check in for two days.

I told her if they did do that, they were going to place the child with us here anyway. She's very distraught because now the father of the child is hiding out with the baby, and not letting her see him. He filed custody papers saying she abandoned the child. I told her once she got settled I would do everything possible to help her regain custody. I don't think she abandoned the child. I told her she did the right thing asking him to take baby until she could find a place to stay.

OMG. Oh well, we will see what tomorrow brings. I know the social worker is furious with her, so God knows. Once she gets here I will give her a few days to settle in, and then we will get her into an out-patient program.

Too bad, she couldn't have just hung on for a little while longer and could have avoided this mess with the father and father's mother.

I'll keep you all informed.

Hugs, Devastated