View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 10:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
devastated

Thanks for everyone's support in yet another mess I've gotten myself in!!

Incidentally, Ann, I've been banging on your door but you're not answering!! Where are you? In any event, I left my "baggage" at your door and would appreciate you're picking it up and keeping it there with you till I return!
Wow, I feel so much better now that you have my "baggage" and I'm vacationing on that quiet island.

Kidding aside, I promise you I will not make the same mistakes that I did with my son. In the first place, since we've been estranged for so many years, I don't feel that "burning love" I did for my son. Therefore, I am not going to be ruled by my heart, but more from my brain this trip. If she screws up this "free lunch" she's out of here! I already told her 3 strikes and she's out.

However, if I see her making an effort to clean up her act then we will go the distance for her. Right now I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt in that she has been struggling on her own since she was 15 years old, and has never really had a stable home enviroment. Let's see what happens when she feels safe. Let's see how she reacts to sanity instead of constant stress.

I wanted to ask what you all thought of "SMOKING!" Mr Dev and I hate it! Oh, I did it for years, but quit when this g.child was born 21 years ago. Now she tells me she smokes. I said, we didn't like it inside or out, and would she quit? She didn't think so. I told her we all have to make sacrafices and that's a small sacrafice to make in exchange for living with us. Do you think I was too quick to "lay" down rule #1?

Anyhow, to tell you the truth when she contacts the social worker tomorrow the social worker may just say, little girl goes but not you!! Don't know until then. Only know that the little girl is definitely coming. Baby don't know about till court date.

I'll bet you all wish you could spend your "golden years" like me huh? Well, if you play your cards right you may! LOL

Hugs, Devastated