View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 04:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
devastated

And We're Off and Running!

Literally! WARNING.....ANOTHER LONG STORY!! GET COMFORTABLE!

I don't know if I told you the latest in the continuing saga of the grandaughter and babies, but here goes:

As you know, she left her 5 month old baby with the father and his mother & father, because she had no place to go. She left the 2-1/2 year old with the paternal grandmother, which she wasn't suppose to do because social worker didn't approve of her.

After doing this, she found she could come here with us and, then, went to get baby back, but father and father's mom refused to give child back.

She then went to begin filing paperwork to get full custody of child; however, didn't have enough money to buy packets or make copies. That's where CODIE comes in. She called looking for money like 30 dollars to finish paperwork and take public transportation. I at first refused, but then decided to send her 50.00 in the event she needed something to eat as well.

I knew what I was doing, but decided to give her "rope!" She would either climb the rope or hang herself. Well, after she picked up the money, she went missing for two days! Missing, in that she didn't call me as I asked her to, and worse of all didn't comply with social worker rules....call in let her know where she and babies were. She knew about the 5 month old, doesn't concern her 'cause state doesn't have him under their jurisdicition.

Social worker called me several times to see if she had called me. Also called the other grandmother, who told social work she had seen her a couple of days before. She did not tell her she had the little girl.

Long story short, I left a message on her phone saying "THIS WAS A TEST TO SEE IF YOU WERE SINCERE AND TRYING, OR IF YOU WERE JERKING ME AROUND. GUESS YOU DECIDED ON THE LATTER. I DO BELIEVE YOU WILL NOW SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES OF THE CHOICE YOU HAVE MADE!"

Got a call back immediately! Sorry, sorry, sorry! She said she was so stressed out over the paperwork filing, and the father's refusal on giving baby back, that she gave up! Said, everyone tells her she's no good anyway, so she has decided to just let the children go, as they would be better off without her.

I simply said I understand your frustrations; however, you have to keep on going and keep on trying for the children's sake. Quitting is not an option!
However, if you really feel they would be better off without you, so be it. Call your social worker on Monday and tell her.

If you change your mind, and decide you want to move forward and start climbing out of this big hole, let me know.

She is a chocolate mess! Seriously, she is so beaten down at this point that she just wants to throw in the towel.

When she called me back today, she said she wants to dig her way out! I told her she could still come here, if social worker will even let her now, where she will go into an outpatient program.

Once she gets a response from the court and court date, we will face it together. The father doesn't work, lives with mom and dad in a one-room apartment, so I figure with us on her side she may have a better chance of getting baby back.

I actually don't feel she did a bad thing leaving baby with father, since she had no place to go. At least you thought about the baby's comforts!

Anyway, one way or the other, with or without the mother, 2-1/2 year old will be here next week.

Wish us luck!

hUGS, dEVASTATED