View Single Post
Old 06-21-2004, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
angelgirl
You're never alone!!

Hi there, I can only tell you my experience. My name is Becky. I have been addicted to pain meds for 3 1/2 years, and have been off them for 18 days. My husband has been through it all. I can tell you that he has driven me to detox/ treatment many times. He drops me off and says good-bye, and I would talk to him about once a day on the phone. He did not visit me, he did not bring me anything I needed. He was supportive int he way that he did take me, drop me off, try to be as understanding as he could, but he knows that it is only me that can make the decision to either get help, or not. When I would be using them again, he knew, but he did not say anything to me about it. Again, that was my decision. It has taken me quite a few times at detox, to finally really reach out for help from AA- NA. I also agree that you contact alanon, or call your local help line if you have one and tell them, they may have more info. on meetings and such. Good luck to you, this is a great supportive group of people here at sober recovery, they have boards you may be interested in. Many people have been through what you are going through, and will help you.... Good Luck, and God Bless----- Keep us posted.... Becky